Contact our Road Safety experts
Road Safety, Discipline Leader
M:+64 27 224 5090
We’re not only Building a Better World, We’re Building a Safer One Too
MWH, now part of Stantec, are leaders in road safety in Australia and the Pacific. With one of the largest teams of road safety professionals in the region, we have an established track record partnering with government agencies and local authorities to deliver superior road safety solutions to reduce the risk of death and serious injury on our roads.
MWH are making a major contribution to the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety (2010 to 2020) in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Brunei. We have been working with our clients in these markets to target high risk roads and intersections and drive down fatal and serious crashes. In Australia we have provided advice to Austroads on the development of next generation of AusRAP/ANRAM. MWH are also at the forefront of introducing iRAP (a road safety risk rating tool) in New Zealand (KiwiRAP), Fiji and Brunei.
MWH are also a leading supporter and contributor to the evolution of the safe system approach across New Zealand, Australia and Fiji. In terms of safer roads and roadsides MWH are a key provider of infrastructure design services, including median and shoulder barrier design. In 2014 MWH completed a research project for the NZ Transport Agency on the compliance and acceptance of Safer Speeds, one of the four key aspects of a safer system.
MWH Key Road Safety Services:
- Safe system project design and implementation
- Crash investigation – analysis, option development and design
- Network safety management including safety management systems
- Road safety barrier design and assessment
- Road safety auditing and inspections
- Proactive crash risk analysis – eg. iRap/KiwiRAP
- Road safety research
- Road safety investment planning
- Development of road safety guidelines & policy
- Economic appraisal (evaluation) safety procedures
- Training in developing countries